Education & Events Calendar
REALTORS® who learn more, earn more!
Welcome to the professional development, events, and networking opportunities calendar of Pinellas REALTOR® Organization and Central Pasco REALTOR® Organization. We offer hundreds of classes every year from our award-winning program. Visit our class/event Terms & Conditions page.
Wealth Building Made Simple
Tuesday, June 6, 2023 (2:00 PM - 4:00 PM) (EDT)
Real estate can be a wonderful way to build wealth, but where do you begin? For those looking for a beginner’s course on how to start generating wealth through real estate investing, this is the course for you! Whether you are interested in building your retirement portfolio or dreaming of generational wealth, this course will teach you the process of real estate investing as an easy step-by-step guide. Through examples and direct hands-on calculations, you will leave this course with a solid understanding of the basic steps toward real estate investments.
Objectives: After taking this class students will be able to:
- Explain the importance of researching comparable properties
- Identify key factors when searching for comparable properties
- Evaluate comparable homes to find worthwhile investment properties
- Evaluate comparable homes to establish reasonable rent prices
- Calculate the vacancy rate and vacancy expense for a rental property
- Identify the importance of calculating the vacancy expense of a rental property
- Define key vocabulary with regards to mortgages and purchase options
- Calculate the typical down payment for a rental property and the remaining purchase price
- Demonstrate an understanding of an amortization schedule
- Identify the difference between total income versus cash flow
- Define typical operating expenses for rental properties
- Estimate annual and monthly operating expenses for a rental property (including reserves)
- Explain the relationship between owning real estate and building wealth, especially with regards to retirement
- Define forced savings and return on investment
- Identify the benefits of price appreciation and mortgage amortization for property owners
- Calculate income, rate, and value using the IRV formula
- Calculate first year benefits of property ownership using the IRV formula
Elysia Stobbe has a spotless and enviable reputation in the real estate and mortgage industry. After almost two decades of “in the trenches” experience, specialized training, and active investing, she has become America’s #1 Mortgage Authority. While others in her field never made it through the 2006 mortgage crisis, her business exploded due to her relentless and never-ending commitment to customer service and integrity.
Elysia is an active member of the Florida Realtors Faculty and her team has been honored three years running as a top lender in Northeast Florida Ranked by Volume by the Jacksonville Business Journal. Recognized as a Top 50 Business Influencer by Advantage Magazine, she believes “enduring dedication to your client always wins”; earning her A+ Better Business Bureau ratings & 5 Star Customer Service Reviews for her team’s mortgage services. Elysia is not just a mortgage expert, she is an avid investor with a multi-million-dollar real estate portfolio. She has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, NPR, U.S. News & World Report and on FOX, ABC, NBC, CBS, NPR and more.
4590 Ulmerton Road
Clearwater, FL 33762
More than just a calendar
The classes and events listed above represent the efforts of not just a hard-working education department, but an entire association staff, several committees, and volunteer leaders – all of whom are dedicated to building, delivering, and communicating a selection of classes taught by reputable instructors and esteemed special guests. Affordability is always on our minds, which is why we’ve created programs designed to lower costs whenever possible.
Whether your goal is continuing education, gaining designations and certifications, networking, or strengthening your specialty, you’ll find a multitude of options available and friendly guidance along the way. We strongly believe learning never stops, so we aim to serve REALTORS® no matter where they are on their professional journey, from the newly-licensed agent to the seasoned professional. Please visit our PRO/CPRO Education page to learn how we stand out from the crowd.
Education and events policies and terms
All attendees of classes and events (whether in-person, on-location, off-location, or via internet streaming) must agree to our policies and terms, which cover, and are not limited to: refunds, cancellations, no-shows, class misuse, video/photography, waivers, and special accommodation requests. This applies to all classes and events whether or not they are listed on this page’s calendar.