Education & Events Calendar
REALTORS® who learn more, earn more!
Welcome to the professional development, events, and networking opportunities calendar of Pinellas REALTOR® Organization and Central Pasco REALTOR® Organization. We offer hundreds of classes every year from our award-winning program. Visit our class/event Terms & Conditions page.
iCE Core Law - Stay out of Troble with FREC (3CE)
Friday, September 8, 2023 (9:30 AM - 12:30 PM) (EDT)
This course is being offered through the Florida Realtors iCE program. (Interactive Continuing Education)
Understanding real estate law is part of every real estate licensee's business. The more a licensee knows, the better he or she can work with customers and safeguard them from legal complications. Buying and selling property requires a lot of leal paperwork. Today, more than ever, it's important to know the laws governing the practive of real estate. This material will provide a "red flag notice" of when participats are potentially going into a danger zone - the unlicensed practice of law.
Objectives: After taking this class students will be able to:
- Idenity and avoid the unlicensed practice of law.
- Describe the two Supreme Court Approved lease forms for use by licensees in Florida.
- Describe the seller's duty to disclose material facts under the Johnson v. Davis ruling and the licensee's duty under Rayner v. Wise Realty Co.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Florida Landlord and Tenant Act.
- Describe the disclosures required in the sale of Condominiums or properties covered by a Homeowner's/Community Association.
- Identify Florida Environmental and Growith Mangement Laws.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the requirements in the Florida Brokerage Relationship Disclousre Act.
- List the duties included in the Single Agent, Transaction Broker and No Brokerage Relationship.
- Identify the requirements for transitioning a brokerage relationshipe from one to another.
- Describe the disclosure requirements in a the Designated Sales Associate Relationship.
- Explain the FREC rules regarding a Broker's Escrow Account.
- List and esscribe some of the common environmental hazards associated with real property.
- Identity the rules regarding Mutual Recognition Agreements Florida has with other states regarding licensing education.
Instructor: Joita Brazzano
More than just a calendar
The classes and events listed above represent the efforts of not just a hard-working education department, but an entire association staff, several committees, and volunteer leaders – all of whom are dedicated to building, delivering, and communicating a selection of classes taught by reputable instructors and esteemed special guests. Affordability is always on our minds, which is why we’ve created programs designed to lower costs whenever possible.
Whether your goal is continuing education, gaining designations and certifications, networking, or strengthening your specialty, you’ll find a multitude of options available and friendly guidance along the way. We strongly believe learning never stops, so we aim to serve REALTORS® no matter where they are on their professional journey, from the newly-licensed agent to the seasoned professional. Please visit our PRO/CPRO Education page to learn how we stand out from the crowd.
Education and events policies and terms
All attendees of classes and events (whether in-person, on-location, off-location, or via internet streaming) must agree to our policies and terms, which cover, and are not limited to: refunds, cancellations, no-shows, class misuse, video/photography, waivers, and special accommodation requests. This applies to all classes and events whether or not they are listed on this page’s calendar.